|Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Job Offerings|
|Topic: [UNPAID] Free community online turn-based RPG|
Joined: 26 September 2011
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: [UNPAID] Free community online turn-based RPG
Posted: 21 February 2012 at 2:59pm
I begin with a short summary , the detailed presentation is below, for those brave enough to go through this very long post. ;)
*** -------------------------- ***
We need (more) pixel artists for a project which is already in final stage. We need
- monsters in 72x72 done following a illustration made by our drawers.
- a tilesheet, around ten different types of land.
- buildings in 80x100. Made following only the name of the building (hostel, shop, etc ...)
- only one piece is fine (for example one building), the project aims to gather many artits.
- unpaid, but of course name/website/blog in credits, possibility of work for (and paid by) the players when the game will run.
- deadlines : beta release in may, final release in september.
- free license : all the creations have to be under the following license or equivalent :
Crative Common , By-SA
- this forum (PM), or answer to this topic with information to contact you
- our public Arts section : Dessin & Art
*** -------------------------- ***
Presentation of the project
Nacridan is a little French turned-based browser MMORPG. A first version of this game has been running since 2006 but it is very limited, both graphically and from the game-play point of view (see www.nacridan.com). The original developer gave up and opened the sources. A team mainly composed of players decided to create a second version. The project run under what is called in French law "Association loi 1901", which forbid us to earn money. All the money collected is used to support the community. The team structure has three sections :
The project managers :
- Team Manager (myself ^^)
- Main developer (Lord T, in charge of the programing team)
- Art Director (Belette, in charge of the drawers and pixel artists)
The main team :
- 3 programers
- 2 writers
- 3 drawers
- 1 pixel artist
- 2 webdesigners
- 1 composer
People who contributed at least with one creation :
- around 20 drawers
- 1 programer
- 2 writers
Plus, the collaboration with an English team (MotherBoard Studio) for the minigames. Depending on the quantity of work, you will be in one of these three sections. The two first sections can have limited financial support from the project. For example we buy average quality graphic tablet for the drawers if needed.
The universe is a Medieval-Fantasy world, with four main races :
And around a hundred of different monsters.
They all live on a big island invaded by the Lord of the Seven Underworlds that sends his army through portals. Thus, a very common base for a hack n slah game. ;)
The Nacridan island has hundred of villages, that can be controlled by the guilds and a dozen of main neutral cities. All the history, from the creation of the world to the opening of the V2, is written in detailed. The main events of the V1 are parts of the legends of V2.
The V2 game will be :
- a standard RPG game, with monster hunting, XP gaining (already available in V1)
- a quests based game, our writers will keep on producing new quests (already available in V1)
- a geostrategic game, with kingdoms politics
The character view follows the example of the Battle for Wesnoth project :
Here the elf, the grass and wood are temporary parts taken from BfW, the mountain and monsters are from our team.
Here are a few examples of our team's creation (most of the pieces are products of the teamwork Belette and Exar) :
And work from Belette only :
Each race also got a profile with a main illustration :
Red Dragon, illustration de Clo
Trapping Spider, illustration de Sjoelie
Sand Dragon, illustration de Belette
Snow Dragon, illustration de MoonQueen
Demon Guard, dessin Kraaor, couleurs Gaby.
Black Guard, illustration de Berien
Gobelin, illustration de Drou
Mud Golem, illustration de Drou
Flesh Golem, illustration de Belette
Goule, illustration de Belette
Lizard-Man, illustration de Belette
Necromancer, illustration de Drou
Vouivre, illustration de Drou
We are looking for pixel artists willing to contribute to the view of the character. We mostly need the lands and buildings.
I hope I didn't forget anything, if you have questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks for reading this long presentation, and please forgive the faults in my English.
Edited by Ať Li - 23 February 2012 at 2:11am
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum