Message Icon Topic: The Joint - Iso Apartments Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Online Status: Offline
Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2005 at 11:32pm

Originally posted by Sibix

i enjoyed making  this so much and will also be making more (luxory suit maybe )

looks pretty fantastic dude. A couple of critiques though: try lightening it up a bit.. those walls are pretty dark. Also the monitor isn't giving an exact view of what's going on the table (if that's what it is). Also, the bookcase doesn't look very deep in comparison to some of the books... gimme some depth :)

IP IP Logged
zi-double
Commander
Commander

Quote zi-double Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2005 at 12:52am

Originally posted by sedgemonkey

That would be pretty neat to leave space for a spiffy building exterior, but that should probably require some sort of unification.  Maybe I just need to see an example of what goes in that area.

we have unification - if "area for room" is obligatory then you can put all rooms /apartments/ one to other and everybody can use or not balcony space for balcony or for room and have choice how much will be room long ... in variant with many rooms one to other if anybody want to make ground without wall than what ? 

in my variant everybody can build interior in its preference ... must only keep areas as they are show and have minimum building space for "room area"

in upper appartment I'm not make balcony because I haven't time

now what we wil have as final: flor with apartments, rooms or interior spaces in 2 row ... thay can be in many variants as building spaces - otherwise we will have many rooms so good like "sibix" but when they go by way of example: 50 nobody will not remember works as separately room :)

Very nice work "sibix" congratulations :)

==========================

:) GDGB :)

IP IP Logged
matt
Seaman
Seaman

Quote matt Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2005 at 5:45am
If you need a programmer to do all the technicalities, I'm skilled in what you would require.
IP IP Logged
Sibix
Commander
Commander

Quote Sibix Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:51pm
areyou going to start this then.. ive seen some apartments done like mine so they should be stuck together..

IP IP Logged
nivermind
Seaman
Seaman

Quote nivermind Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2005 at 5:57pm
im working on mine, should have it done by tomorrow 
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2005 at 1:04am

areyou going to start this then.. ive seen some apartments done like mine so they should be stuck together..

It looks like pixelblink's second template ended up being the default template so we might as well go with that right now I guess. 

Pixelblink is away for a bit.  Once he's back we'll start organizing the site for the submissions. 

IP IP Logged
nivermind
Seaman
Seaman

Quote nivermind Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2005 at 3:39pm
im in the process of making mine

post it up tomorrow
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2005 at 4:04pm

It looks like pixelblink's second template ended up being the default template so we might as well go with that right now I guess. 

Pixelblink is away for a bit.  Once he's back we'll start organizing the site for the submissions. 

Honestly, I can't think of any other way to put em all together than the way they are. I do have one other idea which I'll post later today. This will all come together nicely my friends... don't you worry. As for buildings/rooms with balconies.. let's leave em aside for now until we decide on a template for a seperate building.

Pixelblink: sound good?

Everyone else: Okay.

Pixelblink: Okay! Get cracking

Everyone else: Yes my leige. (bow down)

IP IP Logged
Garage Inc.
Commander
Commander

Quote Garage Inc. Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2005 at 5:27pm
After I make the final edits on mine, I will post it.
For every second spent wondering if you can do something, you could spend 2 seconds doing it.
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2005 at 7:11pm

Alrighty then... how's this for a new template? It includes the other one so don't be freaking out kids.

Featured in this one:
- multiple rooms
- coloured guidelines (follow em folks)
- an elevator (not customizable)
- balconies (you're welcome Zi)

As you can see below, I've incorporated some ideas of posts past and made it into a better more adapatble floor. This is to allow the more experienced pixel artists to create a whole floor for themselves (Give yourself a den, kitchen, washroom, etc. ... Yay, somewhere to piss now). Of course this might leave some other pixelists in the fray... panic not! If approved, collaborations on floors will be encouraged. We don't wanna leave these floors barren of pixels yanno.

Any thoughts?

IP IP Logged
Garage Inc.
Commander
Commander

Quote Garage Inc. Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2005 at 7:34pm
O, I have to make my own floor. I will start that tomorrow. It will probobly take somewhere up to a week, but it will definitely be worth it.
For every second spent wondering if you can do something, you could spend 2 seconds doing it.
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2005 at 9:05pm
Obvious even to the untrained eye... we have moved all topics about The Joint to The Joint forum thread category. Seems like it was due time.
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2005 at 9:06pm

Almost missed this... Thank you pixelblink for taking this to the next level.  I have two big projects to wrap up in the next couple of weeks, but once I'm done I will dedicate some serious time to making a kickass site for this project.

This is really turning into an awesome project.  I love all the work people have been posting so far.

IP IP Logged
tommy j4sun
Commander
Commander

Quote tommy j4sun Replybullet Posted: 21 April 2005 at 9:11pm

im not the isometric kind of guy. i love them but i can't do it myself. and i have many room ideas.

1. apartment from scarface with bloody bathroom.

2. alien vs. predator alien hive lol

3. mini-movie theatre with "pixel-joint the movie" playing.

4. mass murderer room with blood and guts all over the place.

IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 21 April 2005 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by tommy j4sun

im not the isometric kind of guy. i love them but i can't do it myself. and i have many room ideas.

1. apartment from scarface with bloody bathroom.

2. alien vs. predator alien hive lol

3. mini-movie theatre with "pixel-joint the movie" playing.

4. mass murderer room with blood and guts all over the place.

some great ideas there dude... might some of those :)

IP IP Logged
DrunkyDuck
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote DrunkyDuck Replybullet Posted: 25 April 2005 at 9:09am
Hello there.

Before I start making rooms I have two questions:
1) Are animated rooms alowed?
2) Are there any kind of palette restrictions?
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 25 April 2005 at 9:53am

I can't speak for blink, but I would think animations are fine (as long as the file size isn't out of control) and there is definitely no palette restrictions.

IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 25 April 2005 at 10:11am

animations would be the shiznizzle yo

word to no palette restrictions too

IP IP Logged
DrunkyDuck
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote DrunkyDuck Replybullet Posted: 25 April 2005 at 12:02pm
Great to hear that. The 2nd room I make is going to be animated then...
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2005 at 8:42am

I just thought of something that might be cool... Why don't we do an elevator button panel for navigating between floors.  Empty floors would just say "out of order" or something when you click on them.

Also, I started on the site today.  I'm using the floor template that you created above blink.  I think it's very clear and cool and will work perfectly for the project.  It would help to have a small pixel apartment building exterior to integrate into the site design, but that can wait until you see the initial site design up I guess.

Edit: The template needs hallways damnit!   How the hell can you get to the elevator with the current layout.  I'm going to adjust the template so there's hallways that lead to the elevator. 

Edited by sedgemonkey
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:43am
I'll see what I can do Sedge.
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:00am

Edit: The template needs hallways damnit!   How the hell can you get to the elevator with the current layout.  I'm going to adjust the template so there's hallways that lead to the elevator. 

look at where the door is on the elevator sedge... there's a hallway outside of it

IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:55pm

I see the elevator one, but I actually meant the hallways between rooms.  I spent all day working on a modification that I hope works out. I edited the elevator room just so it would fit with my design, but you can change it anyway you like once I post the proposed site. 

IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:58pm
oh, I see what you mean... I had never meant to have hallways between rooms because they were meant to be one large apartment with multiple rooms. Anyways, I'll wait n see what you have when you post it up... send me a pm if need be with it
IP IP Logged
sugarbyte
Seaman
Seaman

Quote sugarbyte Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2005 at 7:23pm

I just thought of something that might be cool... Why don't we do an elevator button panel for navigating between floors.  Empty floors would just say "out of order" or something when you click on them.

Also, I started on the site today.  I'm using the floor template that you created above blink.  I think it's very clear and cool and will work perfectly for the project.  It would help to have a small pixel apartment building exterior to integrate into the site design, but that can wait until you see the initial site design up I guess.

Awesome Idea!! Me likes ^_^
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2005 at 9:29pm

The Joint shall soon be up and running kids! Sedge and I are trying to finish it up with the fine tuning and programming stuff and whole design aspect. There's gonna be some eye catching new stuff going outside of your rooms and on the whole site as well.

In the meantime, just keep making your rooms and post them in a new thread so we can help you get them ready and approved for The Joint :)

Yep, I said approved... not every single room that goes our way will be accepted. We will adhere to a standard of quality. Got a problem with that? Too bad. Learn your craft don't bitch about it... lol

Plenty of tutorials on this site and others that will help you become a better isometric pixel artist.

Questions? Go ask your mommy

IP IP Logged
TakeOut
Commander
Commander

Quote TakeOut Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2005 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by pixelblink

The Joint shall soon be up and running kids! Sedge and I are trying to finish it up with the fine tuning and programming stuff and whole design aspect. There's gonna be some eye catching new stuff going outside of your rooms and on the whole site as well.

In the meantime, just keep making your rooms and post them in a new thread so we can help you get them ready and approved for The Joint :)

Yep, I said approved... not every single room that goes our way will be accepted. We will adhere to a standard of quality. Got a problem with that? Too bad. Learn your craft don't bitch about it... lol

Plenty of tutorials on this site and others that will help you become a better isometric pixel artist.

Questions? Go ask your mommy

Phew, good. I wasn't wanting alot of bad quality stuff in there, like Mr. Wongs. XD
Glad you guys decided on that. Exactly what I was thinking.

Another note... we should animate it some how like click the elevator... it goe's up to the next floor... I dunno. We could do it in flash XD Or find a way to do it in just java script or something.
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2005 at 7:59am

I was debating the Flash thing for awhile and I think it might work for phase 2.  If I'm going to do a Flash site I want to do all the bells and whistles... transitions between floors, detail view transitions, elevator movement, sounds, etc.  I just don't have the time to spend on it right now. 

Hopefully the vanilla HTML site will still be cool.

IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2005 at 10:56pm

Just a little common sense reminder that the rooms are only customizable INSIDE the room... just like real life. You can do the parts of the walls that wouldn't normally be seen but, they won't show up like that in the joint yo.

Also, I really, really, REALLY want to stress the fact that these rooms ought to have some time and creativity put into them. If you don't know how to do isometric, learn it. If you aren't sure how to do a particular thing, ask somebody. If your room is not approved, don't bitch about it... learn from it and make it better and it could be approved in the future.

If you don't like doing isometric, don't get involved with this project. There are many other prjects going on within this forum... the game, evolution, frankenstein, etc.

The Joint is very close to being completed and we will be seeing some wicked apartments being showcased there. I want to thank everybody for their help (especially Sedge, of course) and their participation in getting this going.

IP IP Logged
Psychotic_Carp
Commander
Commander

Quote Psychotic_Carp Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2005 at 5:44am
i have been wanting to come up with something......but i cant :(
got game?
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2005 at 8:56am

Psychotic_Carp: If you are searching for ideas why not just take a room from your life and create an interesting scenario?  Like a kitchen on fire or a bedroom being invaded by aliens or a living room being burglarized. Have fun with it.

IP IP Logged
Psychotic_Carp
Commander
Commander

Quote Psychotic_Carp Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2005 at 8:11pm

Psychotic_Carp: If you are searching for ideas why not just take a room from your life and create an interesting scenario?  Like a kitchen on fire or a bedroom being invaded by aliens or a living room being burglarized. Have fun with it.

maybe a frank lloyd right room?

got game?
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:57pm
Sure, why not.  Do whatever strikes your fancy.
IP IP Logged
Aleiav
Commander
Commander

Quote Aleiav Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2005 at 4:20am

I hope it's okay, but I took a whack at this:

heh, overwhelmed by girlyness! XD XD Usually, I don't make things so... pink. But I felt the sudden urge to make a lizard valley girl XD XD

IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2005 at 1:23pm

Wow, looks like a pink explosion. Very cute... I like the little lizard working out in front of the TV and that nifty little star lamp.

Couple of questions about the room... what ae the blue and white things next to the lizard and what is that silver thing on the right hand side of the room?

IP IP Logged
Aleiav
Commander
Commander

Quote Aleiav Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2005 at 9:28pm
hee hee. Oh my poor pixeling skills. XD The blue and white things are supposed to be tennis shoes and the silver thing is supposed to be a waste bin. :P
IP IP Logged
pandaemas
Seaman
Seaman

Quote pandaemas Replybullet Posted: 22 July 2005 at 6:59pm

Hello, I'm VERY new to pixel joint, and I'm very interested in this project, but of course I am not able to start soon as I have yet to finish my current project.

But that template is what we are using right? And we are only making one floor? Or.. how? :)

Thanks.

IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 22 July 2005 at 10:44pm

You can check out everything you need to know (including templates and examples) here...

http://www.pixeljoint.com/thejoint/

If you have further questions you can post here again. Good luck!

IP IP Logged
Bifur
Commander
Commander

Quote Bifur Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:37pm
Hey , when i summit a room , it will simply go there to the joint? Any FAQ for that ><?

I know! Leafs shouldn't make shadow...
IP IP Logged
Brian the Great
Commander
Commander
RED!

Quote Brian the Great Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:55pm
Just upload and the admins will do their magic.
IP IP Logged
Bifur
Commander
Commander

Quote Bifur Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2006 at 6:57pm
Merci Brian ,  that helped alot 

I know! Leafs shouldn't make shadow...
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2006 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by pixelblink

Just a little common sense reminder that the rooms are only customizable INSIDE the room... just like real life. You can do the parts of the walls that wouldn't normally be seen but, they won't show up like that in the joint yo.

This is true, however, leaving this area untouched adds 9 colors to your finished piece. I take this area as the *frame* for when viewing the room on its own to enhance the room by setting its mood/feel. I love the Joint.
IP IP Logged
Genesis
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Genesis Replybullet Posted: 21 August 2006 at 2:04pm
It could be an actual apartment building say, with a mouseover fade-in effect like mentioned and an elevator...!  The four doors in each room seems very privacy intruding... :P  Meh.
IP IP Logged
onyx
Seaman
Seaman
Suspended

Quote onyx Replybullet Posted: 23 November 2006 at 10:52pm
i like ur style of pixel art, its genuine...
IP IP Logged
Davdud101
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Davdud101 Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2007 at 4:29pm
Cool... Qeustion, what's the idea of this? I mean is it a game of some such or just an attraction? please answer.once again, Coooooooooooooooooollllllllllll............................
IP IP Logged
Davdud101
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Davdud101 Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2007 at 4:44pm
 I am asking permission to create a game based on this awsome project. thou who shall reject thy permission, meethinks thine are a noob.
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2007 at 11:18pm
no
IP IP Logged
Davdud101
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Davdud101 Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2007 at 10:27am
Soooo... is this game of some sort?????ANSWER ME NAIVE!!!
IP IP Logged
Davdud101
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Davdud101 Replybullet Posted: 06 April 2007 at 10:13am
I made this.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6714/73112641ng6.gif
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version