Aren't you tired of all those vegetarians eating those poor veggies, and fruits. "How many plants had to die for your salad, you heartless bastards!!!"
This challenge consists of casting life into any plant of your choice. The plant chosen can be depicted as some sort of humanoid, or alien-esque creature. The point is to depict them filled with as much emotion as a human is capable of (yes, it is known that plants are alive, just not in the common man's eyes), with an attached emotion or sub-emotion, such as anger, sadness, humor, confusion, etc....Example:
Pixel a Rose who resembles a woman that is dancing (excitement, romance), a giant redwood tree-beast/barbarian that terrorizes lands (anger), or a Bonsai Tree who is meditating over a sunset (tranquility, calmness), etc...Rules:
- Colors: No restrictions, but don't be silly.
- Canvas Size: 200 x 200 max.
- Transparency: allowed (www.iaza.com or giffy.com is your friend, children)
- Animation: If you're a glutton for pain, then sure, It's allowed.
- Can be a single character, or character in a scene, as long as the plant creature is the focus of attention.
- There must be a banner,sign, or caption anywhere in the piece that indicates the feeling the plant is emoting.
- Fruits and vegetables can't be used by themselves as the centerpiece. However the plant or tree from which they derive from can.
- Plants must be an actual plant of this planet, with species in the description (any real life plant or shrubbery is fair game.). NO fictional crap.
Wikipedia.org is a good reference.
Challenge by B.O.B. winner of B.O.B Challenge a.k.a Mr.Vain
The challenge thread
will have all the challenge updates. The thread is also a great place to post your WIPs.
Posted by jalonso
at 5/26/2008 9:29:12 AM | 23 comments